Sunday, March 6, 2011

C4T#2

Pencils

I commented on a blog called “Tom Johnson’s Adventures in Pencil Integration.” The first post I commented on was a satirical post about social networking. An HR representative spoke at a teacher staff meeting and warned them not to get involved in social networking sites that would allow interaction with students. There were no exceptions. After some questioning, it eventually came down to the fact that the teachers were not allowed to even acknowledge students outside of school. In my comment on this post, I first said how much I liked reading it. I said that I think social networking sites are beneficial for both students and teachers. It’s a convenient way to get in touch with each other if necessary. It’s not realistic to keep teachers from acknowledging their students while they are not at school.

In the latest blog on “Tom Johnson’s Adventures in Pencil Integration,” John Spencer explained why he left a pencil conference a day early. He said that the presenters were all about trying to tell you how to fix your way of teaching. They all spoke as if they were experts and had nothing else to learn, and that their teaching methods were the best. I told him that he had exceptional reasons for leaving the conference early. It wouldn’t be interesting to just sit and listen to someone talk about how they think they know everything as well as the best way to teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment