Sunday, April 24, 2011

Summary Post C4K April

C4K #7
In the talent show, Josh showed off the tricks he can do with a yo-yo. It was a great performance and Josh is very talented. He didn’t mess up even once in the whole video. I ended up watching the rest of the videos from the talent show because I was so impressed with Josh’s. I congratulated him and told him he did a great job.

C4K #8
I was assigned to comment on Amelia’s blog. Amelia wrote about how she and her family had just moved from one house to a bigger house in another part of town. Her new house has a tennis court, a spiral staircase, three bedrooms, and three bathrooms. She said that it took them a while to get everything moved over to the new house because her parents had lived in the other one for 18 years. In my comment, I told her about when I moved for the first time. I told her how awesome it is that she has her own tennis court, and how I’m taking a tennis class this semester. Lastly, I told her that I was happy to hear that she likes her new house.
I heart blogging
C4K #9
I really enjoyed looking over Mrs. Yollis’ class blog. It was very informational and a wonderful example of how technology can benefit elementary students. It proves that technology is a necessity in our schools, not an option. I liked how Mrs. Yollis posted information on HTML code and how to use a camera properly. I appreciate how she promotes reading so much because it seems to me that children don’t read as often as they should anymore. Also, I love the idea of Family Blogging Month and how it allows students’ family and friends to comment on their work and show support.

C4K #10
Adia is one of the students in Mrs. Yollis’ class. Her blog post was about what she learned at her Girl Scouts meeting. A friend’s grandmother visited and taught them about her Japanese culture. They learned about the hair clips women wear in Japan, various articles of clothing, and how to make sushi. In my comment to her, I thanked her for the comment she left on the class blog, and I told her how well her post was written. I thanked her for teaching me something new about Japanese culture that I didn’t know before. I also told her that I was never in the Girl Scouts, but I thought it sounded fun to be a member.

No comments:

Post a Comment