Sunday, February 27, 2011

C4K Summary Post

Apples

C4K 1
Vernon is a 4th grade student in Ms. Naugle’s math class. He attends Bissonet Plaza Elementary, which is located in Metairie, Louisiana. The blog he wrote that I commented on was about a project that his class did with apples. He explained that the class was given red, green, and mixed colored apples, and that they cut the apples and counted the seeds inside. They made a chart to keep track of how many seeds were in each colored apple. Afterwards, the class was able to eat the apples. I told Vernon how I did a project like his when I was in elementary school and that I hoped he could do more fun projects in the future.

C4K 2
Two girls, Terina and Tauwhare, shared a report on a book called Caught by the Sea. It was about a woman who went diving with a friend, and then how everything went wrong. She and her friend were separated and the only way she survived was because she was wearing a life jacket. The two girls explained the importance of water safety because if something goes awry, the knowledge can save your life. I told them that I enjoyed listening to their podcast and they did a great job explaining the novel. I also thanked them for sharing the author’s message with us.

C4K 3
Dante is a 9 year-old boy at Pt. England School. His most recent post was about the Christchurch earthquake and the damage it had done. He included a few pictures of the destruction caused by the catastrophe as well as a link to a video showing the damages from a view in a helicopter. I first commented on Dante’s entire blog, which is quite impressive. Then, I told him that it was very kind of him that he wished he could help the people affected by the earthquake.

No comments:

Post a Comment