Sunday, February 6, 2011

C4T

Two Cars Colliding



Summary 1

Mr. Burke is a physics teacher and I was assigned to follow his blog called “Quantum Progress.” My first comment was on his post about momentum conservation and long chains of reasoning. He posted a numbered list of an example of a chain of reasoning that his physics class was going to look at. It was about two cars colliding and what would happen in the aftermath with the forces.

In my comment to his post, I first introduced myself and gave him my contact information. I told him that his assignment sounded like a good one for his students and that the second part of it was a great, thought-provoking addition to the problem.

Summary 2

In Mr. Burke’s latest post, he described a project that one of his students became very interested in and took it upon herself to participate in it. The project is to design a weather balloon that can be sent into space. He goes on about the progress his student has made and the plans she has to finish the project and get others involved.

In response to this post, I told him how this coincides with the last EDM310 assignment, where we learned about encouraging creativity in the classrooms. I said that it was a perfect example of using creativity in schools. I wished him and his student luck with the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment